The utilities industry covers a wide array of organizations such as power stations, nuclear plants, telecommunications companies, and water suppliers. A major concern for the utility industry is the protection from intruders. Some of these organizations are also located in isolated areas which can be unmanned, whereas other organizations are in public areas and need to be protected from innocent citizens. Utility organizations have important equipment and assets, such as copper wire, which need to be protected from theft.
Why iOmniscient’s iQ-Utilities?
iQ-Utilities is a comprehensive portfolio of applications that can fulfill the specific requirements of each department, such as security, operations and safety, while operating as a single integrated system to ensure quick distribution of information to all concerned when any event occurs.
iQ-Utilities has a perimeter protection system which provides a virtual fence against any intruders. This system can operate at long distances and in darkness, which makes it ideal for the utility organizations in desolate areas. The perimeter protection system also operates in crowded and complex scenes for the organizations in public areas.
iQ-Utilities has a theft detection system to prevent thefts from occurring. The system can detect when someone has removed the object from its location and identify the suspect using iOmniscient’s many-to-many face recognition system.
Automated Surveillance Action Platfrom (ASAP):
iQ-Utillities is armed with iOmniscient’s unique Nuisance Alarm Minimization System (NAMS) which can cope with the complex and crowded scenes that exist in the real world, thus ensuring reliable results.
• Perimeter protection to prevent of intrusion and unauthorized access
• Protect utility infrastructure from terrorist attack (e.g. left object detection)
• Prevent unauthorized access and tailgating – can apply Tailgating and Face Recognition system to ensure people access is more secure. License Plate Recognition system can be used to control vehicle access
• Theft prevention – prevent stealing of expensive parts/materials
• Improve the security of the busy warehouse – able to provide immediate alerts when the piles of stock have changed in shape or reduced in volume despite constant movement from staff
• Protect long pipelines, power lines, remote towers
• Protect expensive equipment and raw materials
• Provide not only real time video analysis system but with forensic capabilities to process large archived video
• Mobile video analysis system that can be easily installed and setup
• Surveillance system health check to prevent camera tampering or sabotage
• Detect Smoke and Fire outdoors and in harsh environments
• Anti Tailgating system to improve Access Control for airlock system particularly in nuclear plant
And many more…